Ovations for the Cure, Inc.
What personal information we may collect:
- Name and marital status
- Contact information including email address, mailing address, phone number or fax number
- Demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
- Health Information such as height, weight, age, limited medical history, and current medical issues or complications, as necessary to ensure proper use of OVATIONS’s programs
- Healthcare provider information
- Caregiver information
- Information concerning your current or past participation in an OVATIONS’ programs
- Other information you voluntarily provide to OVATIONS.
You may choose to provide or not provide the information OVATIONS requests, however, OVATIONS makes no guaranty on the efficacy of its programs or its ability to provide the programs to you if the minimum amount of information requested is not provided.
What we do with the personal information we gather:
We collect personal information to gauge interest in OVATIONS’ services, to understand your needs, and to provide you with an appropriate service. In particular, we may use this information for the following reasons:
- For internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers, fundraising efforts or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address that you provided
- To possibly contact you for market research or fundraising purposes, which we may do by email, phone, fax or mail
- To customize our website according to your interests
- To provide a customized service or program, such as our Helping Hands Program.
- To contact your caregivers and healthcare providers
If the purposes for which we use your information changes, we will notify you promptly. Upon your written request we will delete your account and personal information linked to your account from our systems. We are HIPAA compliant and collect the minimum information necessary to provide you with good service.
To do these things, we may share the personal information you provide us, but ONLY that amount of information minimally necessary to provide the service or program. By providing us with any personal information of this nature, you have authorized us to collect and use your information as outlined above. We will not sell, share, or rent personal medical information to others.
You may also have the option to share your information with other program participants, family members, and other third parties. Such choice is solely yours.
Security of your information:
We are committed to securing your personal information. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online that staff have been trained to follow. However, OVATIONS does not warrant or represent that its level of security meets or exceeds any particular standard. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information that you provide while visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statement applicable to every other website you visit.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you reply to the Contact Us section, you may limit the amount of information that you provide on that page.
- If you voluntarily provided us with your personal information or previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes and/or fundraising, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other than as described above, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
- If you withdraw your consent to OVATIONS to use your information at any time, you may not be able to participate in our programs or be eligible to receive our services.
What happens to your Information if there is a change of control or sale of assets:
In the event of a corporate change in control resulting from, for example, a sale to, or merger with another entity, or in the event of a sale of assets, OVATIONS reserves the right to transfer your personal information to the new party in control or the party acquiring assets.
This policy is effective as of December 10, 2019